get stuck with the tourists on Times Square!
how to avoid it
Read updates at the Times Square website
We made a google map: avoid the area in red, both on foot or by
car/taxi. You can get in but you can't get out until next year! Also,
don't drive anywhere close to it.
The best approach is
-from downtown: on foot or by subway A C E 1 2 3 Penn Station
the East Side: cross to the West Side through Central Park or points
north, or near 34th Street or points south. DO NOT TAKE THE 42nd St
Shuttle "S" or the 7 train
-from West Midtown: on foot
-from the Upper West Side: A C E 1 2 3
Join us for a fun-filled and
mellow evening at the coolest tango party in town!
- 10pm until last one standing
- The people you want to dance with
- Performance by Damian and Aja
- DJ Tine plays traditional tango with some alternative
- Bubbly toast at midnight
- Beautifully decorated venue
- Yummy snacks and breakfast for the hardy
- Soda, juice, coffee, tea, water
- Wine etc
- Bring your own favorite
bottle (there is no cash bar)
- Comfortable cafe table and chairs
- Beautiful floor and lights
- All this for $35 (price starting Dec 29 and at the
||At the beautiful Basic Ballroom Studio
335 West 35th St, 5th floor
between 8th Ave and 9th Ave
New York, NY
2600 sq ft of brand new sprung wood floor.
are outside the traffic perimeter around Times Square. Midtown will be
busy though; plan on arriving by subway (A C E 1 2 3) or on foot; when
on foot, avoid the Times Square area.